To deliver the best possible service, we need to process certain information about you. This information is also known as personal data.
This policy sets out the type of data we collect, what we do with it, the reasons for collecting and processing it and how we keep it safe. This policy also sets out your rights concerning the use of that data.
Who we are
Savisto is a trading name of Savisto Limited, whose registered address is:
1 Sadler Forster Way
Teesside Industrial Estate
Telephone number: 01642 788882
Company Number: 09283436
For purposes of applicable data protection laws, Savisto Limited trading as Savisto is the “data controller”. This means that we determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We many collect the following information about you:
- Your name, date of birth and other demographic information
- Your postal address, including billing and delivery addresses, email address and telephone number
- Details of your orders and purchases
- Details of items you store in your shopping cart and details of other online browsing activities
- Information about the device you use to browse our website
- Your social media handles
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your emails and other communications with us
- Publicly available personal data, including data which you have shared via public social media platforms (e.g. Instagram, Facebook and YouTube)
Some of this data is collected directly (e.g. when you place an order or contact us).
Other data may be collected indirectly (e.g. when you browse our website). We may anonymise and aggregate your personal data for business insight – but this will not affect your rights.
Our website and other online platforms are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How Do We Use Your Data?
Savisto may use your data in the following ways:
- To fulfil your orders
- To fulfil our obligations to you (e.g. arranging returns)
- To manage any account you hold with us
- To check your identity
- To show you promotional communications through online media as you browse the Web (including social media platforms)
- With your agreement, to contact you about offers, events and products we think may interest you
- To administer competitions (and to contact competition winners)
- To personalise your experience of our website
- To manage our customer service interactions with you
To keep you up to date with our products and services, we use personal data for marketing purposes - and may send you emails for these purposes. We may also show you online media content through external social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook and external digital advertisers such as Google.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
Making use of the simple unsubscribe link in our emails
Informing us that you wish to change your marketing preferences by contacting us at email@example.com.
Personalisation and Automated Decision Making
We may use automated decision making and segmenting to analyse your browsing and purchasing activity online. We may also review data held by external social media platform providers about you (for example, your publicly accessible Facebook or Instagram profile). This analysis enables us to provide a personalised service and tailored online experience that best meets your needs.
You have the right to opt out of automated processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For delivering the best possible service, for delivering orders and ensuring secure payment processing, we have partnered with certain third parties. We may need to share your personal data with some of these service partners. Please note that we only allow service providers to handle your personal data when they have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Other third parties we may use include the following:
|PayPal||PayPal is a third party payment gateway which is used to complete transactions on Savisto. https://www.paypal.com/uk/home|
|SagePay||Sage Pay is a third party payment gateway which is used to complete transactions on Savisto. https://www.sagepay.co.uk/|
|OrderWise||OrderWise is a stock control and order management tool. Orders from the site, along with customer address data is stored in OrderWise to track the progression of an order. https://www.orderwise.co.uk/|
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics is used to track customer trends such as pages they visit, time spent on the website and whether or not the customer left without completing an order. Analytics also tracks the device a customer is using such as Laptop or Smart phone. Savisto uses this information to help target specific demographics and make the website more user-friendly.|
|Royal Mail UK||Royal Mail UK is a UK delivery service. Royal Mail requires shipping addresses and contact information to successfully fulfil and deliver an order. https://www.royalmail.com/|
|DHL||DHL is a UK delivery service. DHL requires shipping addresses and contact information to successfully fulfil and deliver an order. http://dhlup56-www.dhl.co.uk/en.html|
|Interlink||Interlink is a UK delivery service. Interlink requires shipping addresses and contact information to successfully fulfil and deliver an order. https://www.dpdlocal.co.uk/|
|DPD||DPD is a UK delivery service. DPD requires shipping addresses and contact information to successfully fulfil and deliver an order. http://www.dpd.co.uk/|
|Nicholson’s Transport||Nicholson’s Transport is a pallet distribution service. Nicholson’s Transport requires shipping addresses and contact information to successfully fulfil and deliver a large scale order. http://www.nicholsonstransport.co.uk/index.html|
|Trustpilot||Trustpilot is an online platform for company reviews. Once a customer has placed an order, if opted in, the customer will be sent an email after 1 week to leave a review for Savisto. https://uk.trustpilot.com/|
We use your data on the following legal basis:
- As necessary, to perform our contract with you. Or:
- As necessary, for the pursuit of our legitimate interests, including:
- Selling and supplying goods to our customers
- Promoting and advertising our products
- Sending promotional, tailored communications
- Identifying and contacting competition winners
- Understanding our customers’ needs and preferences
- To improve our product and service offerings
- For good governance, management and auditing purposes
- For anti-fraud and crime prevention
- To handle customer queries, complaints and disputes
- To handle legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions
- To fulfil our duties to customers, staff and other stakeholders, Or:
- As necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, Or:
- Based on your consent (for instance, in relation to direct email communications sent via email. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Where we store your data
All of the data supplied to us by customers is stored on UK servers and on UK soil. No customer data is transferred or stored out of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access - the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time - or that we modify, update or delete such information.
- Right to correct - the right to have your data rectified if it is in accurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your data - the right to block us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your data, including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries in respect of any of the above, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with the way in which a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk).